Mechanical Engineer with CADD, FEA, Experience and knowledge of advanced mechanics of materials with strong classical and computer based stress analysis skills, completed masters degree in aerospace engineering with emphasis on structures and composite materials in May 2013.
Plastic Injection Molding
Sheet Metal Design
Ultra Sonic Welding
Composite Laminate Design
Shielding / Electro Magnetic Compliance (EMC)
plastic injection molding
High Voltage Creep and Clearance
laminate ply stacking design
ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN
Creep and Fatigue
Classical Hand Calculations
MS Office: MS Word, Excel, Power point
California State University Fullerton
• data science
• Produced documentation on design viability based on finite element analysis.
• Developed process specification documentation
• Updated drawings in Auto Desk Inventor.
• Analyzed Solid Works models of a plastic injection molded rolling base for medical equipment using Ansys ﬁnite element analysis software and hand calculations.
• Veriﬁed results, produced presentations of results and made recommendations to demonstrate compliance with customer requirements.
• Designed a sheet metal bracket using Solid Works and created the corresponding drawing.
• Designed high voltage. electronic packaging
• Designed current sensing coils in accordance with technical specifications using hand calculations to meet and in some cases exceed customer needs.
• Designed and prototyped plastic injection molded electro-mechanical packaging for electric motor overload protection.
• Performed Trade Studies for sensing connectors
• Created sketches layout models and drawings to review fit and function
• Prepared production drawings
• Used Pro/E Wildfire 3 to design outrigger trailer stabilizers for aerospace support equipment.
• Reviewed customer specifications such as weight, hydraulic lifting capability, road worthiness, and load bearing capabilities to produce a viable design.
• Refined design with classical analysis
• Prepared technical specification documents such as engineering drawings for fabrication
Research Assistant Modeling the dynamic performance of a magnetic levitation vehicle using Matlab to implement a state space and dynamic beam reaction model.
• Wildfire and ANSI Y14.5 GD&T in the design of plastic injection molded handle for a disposable electro surgery device. Developed a way to make two opposing halves of the handle to be the exact, same part thus reducing the number of different parts. Developed ultrasonic weld joints. Developed bipolar silver and tungsten electrode tips.
• Developed internal and external power connectors, Used Pro/E.
• Developed a way to make two opposing halves of the handle to be the exact, same part thus reducing the number of different parts.
• Developed ultrasonic weld joints.
• Developed bipolar silver and tungsten electrode tips.
Radio Frequency Electronic Packaging, 2 week close down.
• Used Pro/Engineer Wildfire 3 to design and model sheet metal and film antennas for hand held radio frequency devices.
• Prepared production drawings.
• Designed intra-arterial blood pressure monitoring and sampling equipment using Pro/E
• Performed tolerance analysis on polycarbonate syringe-like piston cylinder assemblies.
• Designed electronic packaging for PCB airborne electronics used in commercial aviation using Pro/E.
• Performed vibration testing.
• Eliminated the need for a fan in an overheating radio frequency amplifier.
• Modeled ARINC connectors on cable assemblies and Line Replaceable Units (LRUs); modeled LRU’s.
Using Pro/Engineer, produced CAD models, thermal blanket installation drawings and designed thermal blanket installation hardware (also designed blanket installation training mockups).
• Developed an efficient packaging design system: used Pro/E Wildfire software.
• Instructed the engineering staff in the use of Pro/Engineer software and best practices, which allowed the firm to save many labor hours and provide better service.
Taught working industry professionals how to use Pro/Engineer Mechanical CAD software.
• Effectively reduced design cycle time from 7 weeks to under 2 weeks through automated mechanical shipping packaging design
• Designed plastic injection molded parts
• designed and documented wiring and designed Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) shielding enclosures for PCB’s
• designed wood cabinetry for big screen televisions
Designed mold frames for thermoforming; developed production drawings for thermoforming tooling for use in high end disposable food containers.
Designed tooling fixtures for high volume computer numerical control machining; prepared Production drawings (including bill of materials) in compliance with ISO 9001 procedures.
Frederick Vasenius — [email protected] — (714) 772-3915